Active B Complex
Active B Complex supplies a full complement of high-potency essential B vitamins in their coenzyme forms, providing optimal support directly usable by the human body. Active forms of B2 (as riboflavin 5’-phosphate) and B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate) are included with Metafolin® L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF), a reduced and bioactive form of folate/folic acid, and Methylcobalamin, acting as a metabolic cofactor, to ensure the improved absorption, blood transport, and cellular utilization of vitamin B12.
Active B Complex Features:
- Activated folate: Metafolin®, a patented and bioactive form of folate, is included. This form does not require modification by the body to be metabolized, so it can be used immediately to support health. Folic acid, the form of folate commonly found in fortified foods and supplements, must be converted through a series of steps in the body before it can be used. Methylfolate, the activated folate in Metafolin®, may support neurologic health as it is the only form of folate that crosses the blood-brain barrier.
- Activated vitamin B12: Methylcobalamin, the active form of vitamin B12, is exceptionally well-absorbed and readily used by the body, as compared to cyanocobalamin, a commonly used form of this vitamin. Methylcobalamin, supports neurologic function and homocysteine metabolism, a marker of cardiovascular health.
- Highly absorbable thiamin: To support optimal thiamin absorption, Active B Complex provides benfotiamine, a fat-soluble derivative of thiamin with increased absorption compared to water-soluble forms of thiamin that are commonly used in other dietary supplements.
- Activated vitamin B2 and B6: Active forms of vitamin B2 (as riboflavin 5’-phosphate) and vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate) are also provided for optimized absorption and bioavailability. These essential vitamins support energy production (metabolism) and red blood cell formation.
- Free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, gluten, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.