BioFizz Immune is a delicious, orange-flavored, effervescent powder containing a comprehensive blend of immune-supportive nutrients. Each 4-gram serving provides 1,000 mg vitamin C, along with beneficial amounts of the bioflavonoids quercetin and resveratrol, 50 mcg (2,000 IU) vitamin D, 100 mg vitamin E isomers (as delta and gamma tocotrienols), 100 mg geranylgeraniol, and 20 mg zinc. These ingredients work synergistically to support healthy immune function.
BioFizz Immune may help support:
- Both innate and adaptive immune system function
- A healthy inflammatory response
- The body’s natural response to seasonal upper respiratory challenges
- Healthy metabolic function
- Vitamin C works together with bioflavonoids such as quercetin to help support a healthy inflammatory process by supporting the body’s natural response to seasonal upper respiratory challenges. Quercetin, also known as the “king of the flavonoids,” imparts beneficial effects on the two primary white blood cells involved in allergic and inflammatory responses. Vitamin C and quercetin work together to help the body’s natural process of combatting free radicals that are produced daily from exposure to such things as environmental toxins, allergens, UV- radiation, stressors, and undesirable bacteria and viruses. Quercetin works to support a healthy inflammatory response and histamine release. (Histamine is the compound responsible for some of the unpleasant symptoms associated with occasional and seasonal upper respiratory challenges.)
- Vitamin E Isomers (as gamma and delta tocotrienols) may help support immune system health. Perhaps the best-known role for the vitamin E complex is as an antioxidant. Tocopherols have antioxidant effects, but tocotrienols are more potent than tocopherols at protecting against cellular damage from harmful free radicals. Most conventional supplements are typically rich in tocopherols—alpha-tocopherol, in particular—but the tocotrienol fractions have unique effects across a variety of tissues that make them desirable to supplement on their own, without tocopherols, as tocopherols have been shown to interfere with the positive effects of tocotrienols.
- Geranylgeraniol (GG) is a unique compound that plays critical roles in numerous biological processes affecting organs and tissues throughout the body, including those involved with immune function. Our own body’s production of GG declines naturally during aging and the use of certain pharmaceutical drugs (particularly for treating high cholesterol and osteoporosis) inhibits its synthesis, potentially resulting in a need for supplementation.
- Vitamin D is a nutrient that's critical for a healthy immune system. Vitamin D and its metabolites significantly influence immune health and help support the body’s natural response to some foreign pathogens that target the upper respiratory tract.
Zinc is involved in virtually every aspect of the immune system and response. Zinc supports the actions of specific white blood cells that work to support the body’s immune system to pathogens. It is required for the proper function of the thymus, the primary lymphoid organ where immune cells mature. The zinc in this product is in a chelated form (bonding of minerals to amino acids), which, when taken as a supplement, results in better absorption by the body.