|DAIRY FREE||GLUTEN FREE|
Brain Vitale is a unique formulation designed to optimize brain function, and to support healthy cognition, mood, and memory. It contains a comprehensive array of brain-supportive nutrients, including acetyl-l-carnitine, glycerophosphocholine (GPC), phosphatidylserine, Ginkgo biloba (standardized to contain 24% ginkgofl avonglycosides), and citicoline. Also included is a unique coffee fruit concentrate extracted from the whole coffee cherry, including the flesh of the berry that surrounds the coffee bean and contains several distinctive compounds not found in coffee beans themselves.
Brain Vitale™ provides building blocks for brain phospholipids, crucial structural components of neurons’ synapses. It is formulated to help assist with various aspects of brain health, such as cell energy production, mitochondrial support, and antioxidant protection.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine is a form of the amino acid derivative L-carnitine, which helps energize the brain. It plays an important role in the transport of fatty acids into neuronal mitochondria. Mitochondria are the “power plants” of most cells—the actual site of cellular energy generation. The brain uses as much as 25% of the entire body’s energy supply, so supporting brain energy production is crucial for memory, sharp thinking and overall cognition.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a vital component of all cell membranes, the protective layer that surrounds cells, including neurons. PS helps support overall brain wellness and helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol, a hormone released in response to stress. Chronic stress may be a factor in declining memory and cognition, so it’s important to support the body and brain during times of stress.
- Glycerophosphocholine (GPC) is a naturally occurring compound in all cells and also in mother’s milk. GPC is a supportive nutrient for the brain and a building block for phospholipids, the main structural components of cell membranes—similar to the load-bearing walls of a house. Adequate availability of GPC and synthesis of brain phospholipids help us think, sleep and remember. (A baby’s growing brain and its constant assimilation of information and sensory input explains why GPC is a critical component in mother’s milk.)
- Citicoline is a substance found in every cell of the body and vital to brain health. It supplies precursors for the synthesis of phospholipids, major constituents of brain tissue that support neuronal communication.
- Ginkgo biloba is an herbal extract used in Chinese medicine for over 5000 years. Ginkgo provides critical antioxidant protection and enhances “brain microcirculation,” which is the flow of blood through the body’s smallest vessels. Ginkgo helps to support healthy mood, mental focus and energy.
- Coffee fruit concentrate is an extract from the whole coffee cherry (including the flesh of the berry that surrounds the coffee bean), which contains several distinctive compounds not found in coffee beans themselves. Coffee fruit concentrate may help support healthy levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which has been called “fertilizer for your neurons.” This property is unique to the concentrate and is not observed with brewed coffee, green coffee bean extract, caffeine, or chlorogenic acid, which are other coffee compounds and derivatives. Contains less caffeine per serving than a typical cup of decaf coffee.