Zinc Picolinate 15 mg
Support optimal wellness with a highly absorbable form of zinc. Zinc supports general wellness, promotes healthy connective tissue, and helps maintain healthy eye and reproductive health.
If there was a super mineral, then zinc would be a contender. Zinc is an essential micronutrient that is crucial to more than 200 enzymatic reactions and plays a key role in growth, immune function, testosterone metabolism, and numerous other functions in your body.
Clinical studies demonstrate zinc supplementation can increase general wellness, and that it has a beneficial impact on connective tissue, as well as reproductive and eye health.
If the body has trouble absorbing a nutrient, then it can't obtain the nutrient’s benefits. Zinc Picolinate is zinc that is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid, which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan.
BENEFITS OF THORNE’S ZINC PICOLINATE:
- Zinc is necessary for the development and function of the cells related to our immune response
- Essential for activation of a certain group of white blood cells – called T-lymphocytes (T-cells) – that moderate the body’s inflammatory response during times of immune stress
- Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress – a process that damages cells and tissues and can lead to several chronic health conditions
- Promotes healthy skin and eyes
- Needed to support the body's normal production of testosterone, a hormone essential for promoting lean muscle mass
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.