Ther-Biotic for Infants
Ther-Biotic® for Infants and children is a 10-species probiotic blend, in a base of inulin, designed to safely meet the metabolic, intestinal, and immune support needs of infants and young children. This formula supports a normal infant microbiota that can be easily disrupted by cesarean section delivery, formula feedings, medications, environmental exposures, or maternal diet. Each scoop (0.5 gram) provides 5 billion CFU. Safe gastrointestinal, metabolic, and immune support.
- Clean and hypoallergenic for optimal results
- Available in 5B CFU powder that can be mixed with breast milk, formula, or food*
Ther-Biotic for Infants Features:
- Supports normal maturation of an infant’s GI and immune system: Microbial colonization of the gastrointestinal tract, vital for normal gastrointestinal and immune system development, begins at birth. However, this process can be disrupted by cesarean section delivery, hospitalization, formula feeding, antibiotic use, and various exposures. If an infant is breastfed, a maternal diet lacking in fresh fruits and vegetables can also affect microbial colonization. Ther-Biotic for Infants offers select probiotic species that support neonatal microbiota balance and healthy GI and immune system maturation.
- Protects microbial balance: Ther-Biotic for Infants provides a blend of 10 different probiotic species. Research has shown that diverse probiotic strains are able to favorably shift the balance of gut microbiota towards more beneficial species by competing for nutrients and adhesion sites, producing compounds such as organic acids, hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins, and stimulating the body’s own healthy immune response.
- Supports healthy immune response: Ther-Biotic for Infants supplies five essential Lactobacillus species critical for healthy development of the infant immune system and dendritic cell differentiation. The five Bifidobacterium species provided are normally predominant in the neonatal microbiota and help enhance innate immunity and support healthy immune response.
- Designed for an infant’s unique needs: An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature and cannot metabolize the D(-) isomer of lactic acid produced by certain Lactobacillus species often found in adult probiotics, such as L. acidophilus and L. reuteri. Ther-Biotic for Infants contains Lactobacillus species that predominantly produce the L(+) isomer of lactic acid, the safe form for an infant’s metabolism.
*at room temperature